Thursday 7 January 2010

The Beginning!!

Well, this blog is being started a couple weeks after the engagement, but that's ok. Who actually starts their blog on that same day?? :D 


So! The story as to how Cameron and I (Leila) met. 

We both work out in West Valley, on 3500 S, right by Bangerter Highway. Cameron works at Zions Bank and I work at DownEast Outfitters Clearance Center. We met when I transferred stores from the Sandy store, to the Clearance Center as assistant manager. So I got to go to the bank and do my store deposits! :D Which was actually a super cool thing for me to do, cause I hadn't been allowed to do them at my previous store. I felt super special!! So anywhoo! Cameron was one of the two tellers that did my deposits the most. Eventually after much flirting (on my side, apparently....) I decided to invite him to my birthday dinner at PF Changs, forgetting to mention that it was on a saturday night, not sunday (which was my actual birthday). Cameron politely declined (thinking it was sunday) saying he couldn't go. 

Sad :( 

So then, about a week and a half later (in a still embarrassing moment for me...) as I was leaving the bank, I went to him and informed him that since he did not come to my birthday dinner (which at that point, I had already realized that I hadn't told him it was saturday), he should get me a gift. He was taken off guard and offered me a Dum Dum. I said no, be creative and then turned to leave. At that point, he asked me when the last time I had my portraits taken, which then I was taken off guard. I told him I couldn't remember when, and he offered a free portrait session, cause he had just started his photography business. Build up his portfolio. So I agreed to check out his website and let him know if I thought it would be a go or not. Which I did, noting in the process, that he had a number up in which to contact him. I asked a couple days later whether that was his cell phone number, and whether he had texting. "Unlimited!" Excellent. I informed him that I'd love to do a session with him, and that I would either call him or text him. 
By the time the weekend before the shoot came, I invited him to a movie with me (I was in quite the mood for a good movie) and he accepted. (Hurrah!!) Our First Date consisted of going to see The Proposal, walking around the proposed locations for the photo session, walking around Temple Square and getting a very late night meal at Village Inn. Best. First. Date. Ever. (at least for me.) The rest of the week, we were inseparable. The photo shoot was super fun and turned out great. 



And that's the beginning of our story. :) Kinda makes you want to cry, don't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment