Tuesday 9 March 2010

Fieldhouse Adventures ...

We've been going to the gym, as Leila alluded in an earlier post.  We go to the fieldhouse on campus at the U  - it's not bad at all.  The facilities are complete, and there's enough equipment to go around.  Parking is free whether we go before 8am or after 6pm - which is always when we have the time to go.  They gave us a punch card that will earn us both a free t-shirt and a free hoodie as we fill out either side.  Not bad!  Oh, and it's free for me to go, and Leila was just $30 for the entire semester ... yeah, pretty sweet deal.

Every time we show up to the front desk, I've got the rocky theme playing on my phone.  Just last night the girl at the desk asked about it.  "Is that like your theme song when you come in here?"  'Why, yes.'  "Okay, I thought it was just your ring tone earlier, but now it's going off again."  'The girl in the morning says it makes her day ...'

All we need here are our hoodies and a set of stairs ...


I'm only in it for the aerobics, and I'm still recovering from loss of blood during the whole tonsil fiasco - OOH! I'LL POST ABOUT THAT LATER! - so it's been interesting watching how my heart rate improves as my red cells all come back.  We went down into the circuit room last week for the first time, though ... I felt the burn the next day at work.  I love that.

We like watching the Cardio Theatre they have for us at the fieldhouse.  There are four large flat screens you can tune into while you're either running, spinning, stair climbing, rowing, or ... ellipticizing ... ?  Anyway, we've seen things from a countdown of the top places to chow down on the food network, to Myth Busters, Animal Planet, and our first introduction to the Colbert Report.  It's fun when Stephen Colbert is on ... we end up looking more like we're having seizures on the machines, doubled over laughing.  I guess nobody else must think he's that funny?

*Quick P.S. from Leila* It was Cameron's first exposure to the awesomeness that is the Colbert Report. I already knew of his hilarity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment