Friday 17 February 2012

A Letter to Cee-Cee and Cam



Dear Cam and Cee-Cee,

For some time now I have wanted to start recording our daily New York adventures and conversations. If fear if I don't I am going to start forgetting some of our earliest memories together.  Because I am your mother, I am privy to some of your greatest achievements to date. Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, these "firsts" are pretty small.  But to me, on the day they occur they signify growth and are something you could not do yesterday. So I celebrate them. Usually just by myself with a smile. And yet they make me excited and happy in a way that even my own greatest success never quite did. Quitting work 8 months ago while a scary financial and personal decision, has brought me greater joy than I ever imagined. And it has given me a front row seat to the story your life. And I am loving watching this adventure unfold. 

Some of these stories or anecdotes may seem trivial or even too mundane to retell to anyone else, but I must record them, because I am your mother and that's what mom's do.

Love,
mama

No comments:

Post a Comment