Tuesday 27 March 2012

Spontaneous Asian Shrimp

Long day, tasty dinner, much needed beverage
So today was just one of those days, super long, not bad per-se but just long and tiring.  I felt like i was just going full steam all day.  So other than my beans and rice and veggies that I eat everyday on campus which I guess I will have to eventually get onto here I didn't eat anything until I got home after 9:30pm!  But I wanted something good, so i had some random ingredients laying around.  Specifically shrimp that i had bought and frozen like 6 months ago and figure I should use, I had a green pepper that was on its way out and a nice white onion.  


So with those as a base and a desired Asian, spicy palate I started working.  Oh ya and of course my constant working out means that I need carbs, so it was on spaghetti.  Anyways what you have there is a shrimp cooked with garlic, ginger, chili powder, little chicken stock, and lime zest.  Just poured on top of some thin spaghetti.  It didn't take long and was moderately healthy so i was happy.  Some of the flavors didn't stick out as much as i would have liked and the Asian flair didn't really shine like I wanted but I still enjoyed it and it was nice to come home and just whip it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment