Wednesday 7 November 2012

iTunes Killed The Radio Star "Lost 90's Hit"

Although I am often accused (rightly) of being a wanna-be American, I am a huge fan of Canadian rock music.  Onerous Cancon rules were never necessary for me to want to listen to all kinds of Made In Canada music.  I'm proud of alot of our hard working artists and have supported a lot of them over the years by purchasing their music and enjoying them live.  Hopefully they were getting a cut of the beers sales when I was there...

Ultimately though, a band's nationality doesn't influence my opinion of their music.  I either like it of I don't.  So, speaking of music I like...

Spotlight on "Church of Logic, Sin and Love" by The Men.  A moderate hit from the early 90's from the band's self-titled album, and probably the only song worth saving from the album, but what a doozy!  Stream of consciousness lyrics, a great groove and one of the best songs to throw on to make a long drive more interesting.  Especially if you're a singing while driving type of person like I used to be.  Who needs Autotune when you can crank the car stereo and rock out like Daltrey!

Although this song charted and got good airplay, it is unavailable on iTunes (and the late, lamented Napster).  Searching for the group on various Internet music databases is an exercise in frustration as typing "The Men" brings up all kinds of unrelated bands and artists.  Typing in the song title works better.  The song can be listened to on YouTube by typing in the song name.  The band's MTV video, grainy as it is, makes for great listening and nostalgia over the not-so-clear early 90's video quality. 

A true lost 90's hit, a bonafide one hit wonder, one of the best driving tunes ever and a must listen!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment