Tuesday 6 November 2012

Me

My Face has never been something I liked.
I've always felt extremely self-conscious about my appearance and that has always kept in a more introverted space.
Any "self-portraits" I have done, would never be perceived as self-portraits. But the shapes I draw are more me than any copy of my face.

People are always confused by my work and I think that there is nothing confusing about a face. 
My face is my face, but my shapes, are complex. 
Like me.

This is the first self-portrait I've done in ages and I think that it captures what I feel every day.
I am surprised.
Everyday I am shocked by how my life is transpiring and how much wisdom I gain from self exploration.

Who knows, maybe there will be more self-portraits in the future.
Probably there will be, but you will have no way of knowing... and I like it that way.

Illustration and Writing by Cam Novak
Instagram @camnovak
Twitter @thecylebird
email info (@) thecyclebird.com



No comments:

Post a Comment