Friday 28 September 2012

"The Most Amazing and Magical Trip" | Gabe's Story


Rafting and camping on the Colorado River for 5 days was the most AMAZING and MAGICAL trip for me ever! 

I'm very adventurous and white water rafting is something I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. As soon as I found out about this opportunity I knew it was for me and "grabbed the bull by the horns".

Now, getting around and doing small tasks in the wilderness in a wheelchair can be quite difficult to say the least. I apologized and even felt bad for needing help to do such things but I was reassured by the guides and volunteers “that's why we're here". 

Getting to know people in the truest and simplest of elements is the way to do it since you don't have all those materialistic things to get in the way. I have made lifelong friends and have been through situations with them that not everyone in life experiences...I feel connected and there is a bond between us. They truly are some of the most AMAZING and WONDERFUL people I have met! 

Thank you Nancy, Gordo, Bonnie, Michael, Scott, Ben, Jeffrey, Lindsay, Abbie, Keegan, Kerry, Katie, Kimmie, Joe, Sue, Louise & Silas, Dylan, Jim, Jamie, Tom, Allie, Jackie, Ori and Farley for giving me the trip of a lifetime! Splore is forever in my heart!!! 

-Gabriel Ford 






Donate today and support 
wheelchairs in the wilderness.



No comments:

Post a Comment