Wednesday 26 September 2012

Veterans Experience the Joy of Climbing | A Splore Story

Splore has worked closely with with the Veterans Administration for the last few years, taking Vets on weekly adventures all over the Wasatch Front. Veterans typically come from physical rehab or low vision clinics, and get to experience outdoor recreation sometimes for the first time.

Hear firsthand accounts from a few of our Veterans:

“I don’t even need substances!  There are other ways I know now…how I can get high.” –Veteran, coming off the rock wall
  “I just have to tell you how much these activities mean to me.  They are really making a difference in my life.” –Veteran, climbing outside for the first time
  “I had a really good day today.  I want to help other veterans get involved with this.  Lots of these guys have come down a really hard road in life, you know?  Having a good day like this is just what they need.” -Veteran, after a rock climbing activity 
“I got to the top of the climb and I cried.  I’m 75 years old and I didn’t know I could still do that.”  -Veteran, in the car on the way home 
“I just made some personal history today.  I can’t thank you enough for taking my picture while I was up there.  I want to share this with everyone.” –Veteran, climbing for the first time outside 

____________________________________________

Donate today and make a difference in the life of a veteran. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment